What are Democrats planning to do if they enact a mandatory gun buy back and we refuse to sell?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

very little, unless you get caught with a banned firearm after the expiration date.

even then, there'll probably be amnesty if you turn it in voluntarily afterward - you just won't get paid.

but, let's be real. in spite of the rhetoric coming from both sides, there will probably be a compromise in any bill before it passes. "grandfathering" is one option. licensing box-magazine fed semi-autos the same way we currently license fully-automatic machine guns is another.

please keep in mind the human nature that one extreme invariably draws out it's own opposite.

the NRA says "no regulations or universal background checks, PERIOD."  that's pretty extreme.

the gun-control mantra is "we'll confiscate every gun."... and there's the opposite extreme.

there is a vast chasm between the two sides where there is an opportunity to do something to reduce the number of battlefield weaponry in the wrong hands.

(and don't try to tell me an AR is not a battlefield weapon. the rifle itself and the ammunition was specifically designed to be people killers. i'm a machinist. i can convert any civilian gas-operated, box-magazine semi-auto to fire full automatic in less than 15 minutes. that includes disassembling and re-assembling the lockwork.)

you want a WWII-era M1 Garand? i doubt you'd find many democrats who'd object to that.

1) it's a high-powered cartridge. .30-06 Springfield to be exact. it's got a helluva kick, is loaded through the bolt rather than a high-capacity box magazine, and only holds 8 shots. not exactly the sort of thing to have if you're intent on causing a mass-casualty event. it can be used that way, but AR's are much easier to control and much more efficient at killing large numbers of people as quickly as possible.

2) while the .30 caliber projectile is deadly enough, it only punches a half-inch hole through a human body. the .223 Remington cartridge that most assault rifles are chambered for is much more lethal. it was designed to be unstable. upon striking flesh, the bullet begins tumbling end-over-end, resulting in horrific wound channels and quick death by exsanguination. (i learned about this when i was being trained as a medic in the US Army.)

... and while i have a great deal of sympathy for the gun-control crowd - my wife having lost a God-daughter at Sandy Hook - there's little chance anybody is going to "come for" your trusty Browning Auto 5, Remington 700, or even your S&W revolver or pistol. too many of us democrats have one or all of those.

• Zee
      Lv 4
      2 months agoReport

You are an imbecile. HAHAHHAHAHA

• 2 months ago

They haven't thought that through yet.

• 2 months ago

They will use guns to take our guns.

This has nothing to do with guns; this is all about control and power.

And Liberals know they will NEVER have full control and power until they take away everybody's guns.

• 2 months ago

Duh...it won't be democrats...it'll be YOUR GOVERNMENT...and they will take them back. Or are you one of those fools who thinks they will come with hand guns? Tactical vehicles, armored cops with assault rifles, air support, and all kinds of goodies. But you and your fellow americans will fight to keep your AR-15's? Until they blow your dumb heads off. You stupid americans think you are FREE? They will TAKE what they want from you or you will DIE.

• Zee
      Lv 4
      2 months agoReport

You have no clue and obviously never fought in a war or even served in the military.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Dze
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

im sure how that would work is if you get caught with one by a search for any other reason you'll wind up with a stiff fine or prison sentence .. in other words, if you have a family your putting your whole life at risk having one .. same as having a pile of drugs in your home ..

• This is it in a nutshell. The vast majority of gun owners will become instant criminals if they don't give up their now-illegal guns. They're going to have to think long and hard about whether or not it's worth it. Leftists are counting on that.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You clearly don't understand what "mandatory" means. That means you comply or you go to jail. And then you'll have a firearms conviction on your record and you'll be bared from even being able to buy a squirt gun.

• myrrdin emrys
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

DRA... only the extremists are.  ever watch CSpan?  when bills like this are presented, they're so watered-down by the time they pass, you have nothing to worry about.

• marty
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Not sure, but I guarantee they won't be buying mine back.

• 2 months ago

That's why they need to enact "sensible gun laws" first .. you know, just little stuff like registration of all firearms.

• myrrdin emrys
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

no registration needed.  you want to buy a gun?  have a background check.  even between private parties.  if a LEO stops you and you've got a gun in your possession, just show the receipt from the background check.

i never leave the house to go to a skeet competition without my CCP.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Personally, I think democrats will opt to put universal background check on national ballot.

• 2 months ago

What if Mexico pays for them?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.