Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 10 months ago

Is this a healthy breakfast?

Oatmeal with many dashes of cinnamon, 2 water bottles and 3 packets of stevia

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I'd say you can do better, but it depends on you age, your weight, your other health markers, and your health goals.  The problem with your breakfast is that it is 100% carbs.  Even with stevia, you are eating only carbs.  The fiber is probably good, but the non-fiber part of any grain is going to be turned into sugar for use by your cells as fuel.

You have no protein and no fat.  Our bodies have daily requirements for essential fatty acids from fats and amino acids from protein.  To that end, you'd probably be better off in terms of sustain energy, hunger, and nutrients if you had an egg.

• 10 months agoReport

I’m 5’5-5’7 approximately 147-155 lbs. I also eat oatmeal with fruits such as bananas or plums.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 10 months ago

Oatmeal was never healthy. It's a grain. And grains cause blood glucose spikes. All grains.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

In addition to a grain, each meal should also include a fruit, vegetable,high protein source and dairy.

Have fruit with the oatmeal plus an omelet with broccoli, cheese and mushrooms.

• 10 months ago

Yes it's a healthy breakfast

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • hamel5
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

You'd be better off with a little honey or brown sugar and filtered tap water. But, oatmeal is great - I add raisins or fruit to mine with some walnuts.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.