Why do women my own age have trouble having conversations with me and avoid greeting me when I greet them?

I'm 25 in graduate school and a lot of women in my classes when I say hello to them, they just look at me with like they've seen a ghost or look down or at their phone. Yet women who are younger than me (in undergrad) and older than me typically always talk to me nonstop and always greet me with a smile and... show more I'm 25 in graduate school and a lot of women in my classes when I say hello to them, they just look at me with like they've seen a ghost or look down or at their phone. Yet women who are younger than me (in undergrad) and older than me typically always talk to me nonstop and always greet me with a smile and even a hug. I don't really understand this. It's always been like this. In high school, girls my age would avoid eye contact with me and avoid speaking to me, but older girls would hit on me and ask me on dates
Update: Like I don't understand how being polite and saying hello back to me is so difficult? It's just being polite. I'm not trying to hit on them, I'm just saying hey, how are you today? And they ignore me and just look at me like i'm a ghost. I'm just trying to get to know people in my classes I... show more Like I don't understand how being polite and saying hello back to me is so difficult? It's just being polite. I'm not trying to hit on them, I'm just saying hey, how are you today? And they ignore me and just look at me like i'm a ghost. I'm just trying to get to know people in my classes I don't know