Do you know much about an interior designer s work environment?

I am writing a story in which I plan to make my main characters work in an interior design firm. I have no idea how such firm can be run, so I d like to know if anyone is experienced in this career and maybe have answers to these questions. 1. How is the work divided and should designers be specialized in... show more I am writing a story in which I plan to make my main characters work in an interior design firm. I have no idea how such firm can be run, so I d like to know if anyone is experienced in this career and maybe have answers to these questions.

1. How is the work divided and should designers be specialized in different types of designing so as to complete a project?
2. What tools and computer programs do interior designers use?
3. What are the questions that interior designers normally ask the clients, the info that is considered essential to doing a project.
4. What obstacles can an interior designer face during their work?
5. Does the interior design firm have to be involved with contractors to provide it with materials? Can you give me some examples of these materials?

There s a mess in my head and I don t seem to have collected a picture of how an interior design firm should be run yet, so please be kind to help me with this.

PS. I don t plan to get engrossed in my characters work life in my story, but some "workplace scenes" here and there will definitely serve the reality of the story, so yes an overview is needed and thank you in advance!
0