In animal species, its usually the males that present themselves as being pretty?

Why is it, that in most animal species, it is usually the males that present themselves to the females as being more colorful, prettier, more appealing to the eyes, etc. but in humans, women are the ones who dress flashy and wear makeup to attract males? I understand that males also work out to look more... show more Why is it, that in most animal species, it is usually the males that present themselves to the females as being more colorful, prettier, more appealing to the eyes, etc. but in humans, women are the ones who dress flashy and wear makeup to attract males?

I understand that males also work out to look more attractive to females, but for the majority, it's women who take on the role of being more eye-catching. Why is it different for humans when the other animals have the males doing that hard work of being selected?