Why did my friend get offended by my post?

A month ago, I posted an event I was hosting raising awareness for cancer. I encouraged my friends to share the event or come and volunteer with us instead of just writing one of those status messages "I bet no one will share this - copy and paste my status in memory of all those who died of cancer - comment... show more A month ago, I posted an event I was hosting raising awareness for cancer. I encouraged my friends to share the event or come and volunteer with us instead of just writing one of those status messages "I bet no one will share this - copy and paste my status in memory of all those who died of cancer - comment with an Amen".
I've never believed in those posts, but instead encourage people to donate, take action and get OUT into their community and off their phones!

One friend commented that she was offended because she's disabled and all she can do is write status messages and not go out into the community and help. She went on and on as if I'd targetted my post towards her????
Suffice to say, a lot of people signed up for my event through that post and it was successful as ever!!
I'm still friends online with this woman but she's receded into the social media abyss! Why was she taking my post so personally??? Do I apologize for making her feel a offended??