Why am I bleeding so much days into my period?

I started my period 5 days ago, these past 3 days have been extremely heavy and I have been clotting. I will spend most of my day on the toilet without even needing to pee, but just to allow the blood clot to release itself and then I am back in 5-10 minutes later. I am not bleeding so much on my pad in fact its... show more I started my period 5 days ago, these past 3 days have been extremely heavy and I have been clotting. I will spend most of my day on the toilet without even needing to pee, but just to allow the blood clot to release itself and then I am back in 5-10 minutes later. I am not bleeding so much on my pad in fact its very minimal when I do look down, but the blood really pours when I'm on the toilet. So I am confused. It's very difficult to get a good nights sleep since I am constantly waking up to the pressure of a blood clot needing to be released. I'm 23 years old. I am not pregnant. I'm worried. I know people have heavy periods but this just seems odd. 5 days in and I am still clotting.
2 answers 2