How do I regain confidence and emotional stability?

Back in June, I was broken up with by a woman I dated for only 7 months, but it was a fantastic 7 months. Except, now that the dust has fully settled I realize it wasn't. She was emotionally manipulative, and I never noticed. It has reached a point where I no longer feel capable of talking to another woman with... show more Back in June, I was broken up with by a woman I dated for only 7 months, but it was a fantastic 7 months. Except, now that the dust has fully settled I realize it wasn't. She was emotionally manipulative, and I never noticed. It has reached a point where I no longer feel capable of talking to another woman with intentions to get her number because no matter what I do, the answer I always get is "no". All the flaws that were pointed out about me to my face by my ex during the breakup really stuck with me, and now every time I even think about talking to a woman, all I can think of is "I'm not good enough, I'm boring, I'm not even good looking. She'll hate me for everything, just like my ex said would happen." I'm not saying my ex is controlling me just by saying that, I just don't know how to get confidence back because I have been rejected multiple times since then, and I'm starting to think maybe I'm not as good of a guy as I once thought, and maybe my looks are overrated by me in the mirror. I hate thinking of myself like this, but when I've been told so harshly all my flaws, and then be rejected multiple times, all I can think is maybe she's not technically wrong. Any help to get back to my old self would be great, because recently I have been an emotional wreck and I can't even talk to anyone without feeling annoying. Especially to the opposite gender.
2 answers 2