When I showed my figure drawing art teacher my portfolio of drawings that I've done he gave of disdainful vibes?

The first thing that I showed him was my realism drawings since it had more to do with his class then he saw some of my other works which were mainly animation. I get alot of prayce usually for my art style because of the vivid colors and visuals but he looked at it indefinitely and I tried to explain to him that I... show more The first thing that I showed him was my realism drawings since it had more to do with his class then he saw some of my other works which were mainly animation. I get alot of prayce usually for my art style because of the vivid colors and visuals but he looked at it indefinitely and I tried to explain to him that I was taking the class to get a better stance on realistic proportions