Hung up on the processor choices. Similar specs but the cheaper one looks better. Am I being lied to or am I losing my mind?

I'm trying to put a PC together to run Underworld Ascendant and I'm getting hung up on the processor choices. The AMD Phenom II X4 B99 potentially fits in my system and its specs look almost identical to the Intel Core i5-6600 @ 3.30GHz. Could the AMD work? Are they pushing a more expensive part at me for... show more I'm trying to put a PC together to run Underworld Ascendant and I'm getting hung up on the processor choices. The AMD Phenom II X4 B99 potentially fits in my system and its specs look almost identical to the Intel Core i5-6600 @ 3.30GHz. Could the AMD work? Are they pushing a more expensive part at me for money? All I see on the comparison sites are the power requirement difference (95W AMD / 65W Intel) and the overclock ability for the Intel. What realy blows my mind is that the AMD has double the L1 and L2 Cache! Am I losing my mind?