Lv 4
???? asked in PetsReptiles · 6 months ago

What type of reptile is this?

Found this in our kitchen and it ran under the oven

Attachment image

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

its obviously a lizard, gecko or salamander. it wouldnt be a chameleon or anything like that

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

Possibly a gecko. They often live inside houses. Other lizards seldom do that. they can climb walls as well and often hide behind mirrors or other objects hanging on walls. Salamanders are slow. They walk, not run, and they too do not live inside people's houses because they can quickly dry up and die if they don't have access to water to soak themselves in. If you see it climbing walls, then it is almost certainly a gecko. Geckos are the only lizards that make sounds, so if you hear some strange sound, it may be made by a gecko. Geckos are harmless, and they eat insects, such as roaches.

• Ocimom
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Salamander. Should be living near damp or water. If you catch it, release it near a body of water (pond, etc.)

• Thea
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

The length and shape of the head looks more like an Alligator lizard to me, rather then a skink.

http://www.californiaherps.com/lizards/lizardspics...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • oikoσ
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Nāga is right. I might be able to tell you which skink if I knew the general location. Or maybe someone else could.

• ...Show all comments
    • Thea
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Difficult to judge the size but juveniles lack the typical markings and are a more solid tan colour. Blurry photo but I think it also has that abdominal ridge which skinks lack.

• 6 months ago

These are called salamanders.

• Nāga
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

It looks like a skink.

• 6 months ago

a lizard ......

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.