Can a bidet sprayer be connected to a bathtub faucet that has a side outlet?

Favorite Answer

If you are talking about just a flexible hose with a "gun" on the end, then yes, no problem, you can connect it to any pipe that has a fitting. I'm not sure what you mean about the "side outlet" on the faucet though - got a photo?

That's what I'm talking about.  I can't do a photo but if you search EZ-Flo bathtubb diverter  spout with side outlet you will see what I mean.  It is meant for a hand-held shower.  I have not purchased the bidet sprayer so I don't know  if it would be the same size or type connection. 

yes, but .... you'd have to turn the water on in the tub to use it. and you'd have to find the correct plumbing parts. Easier to connect the bidet as it was designed

Only if there is a non-return valve in the system. Water in bidet bowls is considered contaminated and there is a risk of dropping/leaving the hose in the water. Most cisterns are traditionally fed from break tanks so hoses are normally fitted on the wc supply.

there is no reason why not

So a bidet sprayer has the same size fitting as hand-held shower? I want to make sure before I buy the sprayer. The pictures only show them hooked to the toilet tank.

what r u using the bidet for sir ;) ;) ;)