kat asked in TravelUnited StatesAustin · 4 months ago

I want to move to Texas. Don t know where to move to. I ve never been.?

Help me find a nice small town close to a city with tons of country folk that can help me get dirty. I m 19 and I just feel in my bones Texas is where I m supposed to be. Just don t know where in Texas. HELP!

I'm native Texan and now live 3 miles from any town. If you are alone. I'd suggest checking into Houston,Texas, area near Rice University or Sugar Land,Texas. But it would be best to actually come to Texas and see what fits your mood.  Galveston has a lot to offer also.  Texas has so many different venues all are different so make a list of what you think you want first. 

Dont I lived in Dallas area for two years very safe but boring and hot.

As someone who lives here, I recommend you take a trip and look around. You might want to find a place with job opportunities, not some dying little town with an average age of 60. Country towns with country folks are...ahem, a shrinking demographic. There are smaller metros you might like if the larger urban areas are not your cup of tea. Places like Corpus Christi, Denton, College Station, etc might be to your liking. My fear is you are dreaming of the Texas of yesteryear and will be sadly disappointed. Come and look before you leap.

You want to move to a redneck town in east Texas?

• John

That's nice.

Perhaps you should go and visit first...

(And figure out an actual plan. With job options. As you won't be able to rent anywhere without one.)

Nobody in their right mind would move to Texas

I don't know where you should move to in Texas there are a lot of cities in texas.

You wanna find a small town in texas, then you should just find one, there are a lot of them in texas.

I wouldn't want go move to a small town with country folk.

But I think it would be very boring for you over there. I don't know of any small towns in texas. There are a lot of them, when I lived in Texas I lived in North Dallas, and it was a built up area.

But there probably ain't gonna be country folk who will get you dirty.

And the towns in Texas will not be as country as you think.

You will have to move to a small town that is far away from the city, if you move to a small town that is close to the city, it definitely will not be as country as you think, not at all.

If you move to a small town close to the city the people there will not be that country. They will only have accents.

Maybe you will have to try find a town that is far away from the city.

• Davonte

You get me thinking that my parents were not in their right minds when they decided to move US to Texas. But I do not live in Texas anymore.