What determines if a cat should be quarantined in home or under a veterinarian's care? Can I contest this decision?

My cat escaped for the first time Sept13. I posted she had escaped on a community bulletin board. A women grabbed the cat, pulled her tail and was scratched and bitten. Her rabies shot was May 8 or four months over due. Even though she never bit or scratched anyone this woman claims animal control wants me to... show more My cat escaped for the first time Sept13. I posted she had escaped on a community bulletin board. A women grabbed the cat, pulled her tail and was scratched and bitten. Her rabies shot was May 8 or four months over due. Even though she never bit or scratched anyone this woman claims animal control wants me to quarantine her for ten days in a shelter or vet's. I don't mind keeping her indoors . I certainly want to get her rabies shot. I never intend for her to go outdoors again.