I'm not getting the answers I'm looking for ... ?

I remember a country song that used to be played here and there years ago . It was about one fellow telling his friend that he was going into the hospital for an operation, He expected to survive, but he was ready for the worst case scenario, and he said "If I don't make it, look in on my son once in a... show more I remember a country song that used to be played here and there years ago . It was about one fellow telling his friend that he was going into the hospital for an operation, He expected to survive, but he was ready for the worst case scenario, and he said "If I don't make it, look in on my son once in a while ." . There was one part where he said "Take him out for a beer once in a while ." . I tried to Google the part I remembered, with minimal success . Does any of this sound at all familiar ? Can anybody out there identify this song ? Thank you in advance for your answers .
Update: Three cheers and a tiger for Goldfly252000 ! I was going nuts not knowing the name of this song ! Thank you, Goldfly252000 !
1 answer 1