What is a point?

If I’m having a conversation with someone an they ask me my point ! What are they asking ? Why do they even ask that ??

Maybe you were rambling.

• ?

In this context, they're asking for a summation of the overall meaning of your argument. Are you arguing for or against a certain subject, what do you feel about that subject, and why do you feel that way. These days, especially on the internet, a growing number of people seem to be arguing without any sort of point. Especially in the political realm, people disagree with anyone holding a dissenting view simply BECAUSE they have a dissenting view, and will disagree with anything said, without presenting any reason for doing so, or counterargument to the original statement. If someone is arguing without a point, there's very little to be gained from continuing the argument.

• emma2 months agoReport

What the **** are u talking about

For example: I was telling my husband how it is his fault the dog always runs out of the house and how he should always close the door behind him.

My point is : a) its his fault the dogs runs out

b) he need to close the door to prevent that from happening...

Makes sense?

• Candelabrum

They ask it because they can't figure out why you're telling them what you're telling them.

They want to know what you are trying to get across.