I really like this guy, but he has a kid...?

So I've had a crush on this guy since I first saw him, and just recently we started dating and getting to know each other better. We're both 22, and he has a 4yo daughter. His ex doesn't want anything to do with him and their little girl, he raises his daughter alone (well, with his family's help),... show more So I've had a crush on this guy since I first saw him, and just recently we started dating and getting to know each other better. We're both 22, and he has a 4yo daughter. His ex doesn't want anything to do with him and their little girl, he raises his daughter alone (well, with his family's help), and he's a great father. I really like this guy, but he wants a long term relationship, and honestly I don't know what I want. My friends say that I'm too young to be in a relationship with a guy like him, that I don't need to raise somebody else's kid. I also understand that his daughter will always be his priority and I think he's right, I wouldn't expect anything different, but I don't know if this might be a problem in future for me. And there's the fact that I'm almost finished with college, and he hasn't even started it, he'll start next year. He didn't go to college when he finished high school because his daughter had been just born, so it wasn't his priority. I know his education level shouldn't bother me, but if we're talking about a long term relationship, yes, it bothers me. Despite all of that, I love being around him, he's very sweet, he always makes me laugh, and he's handsome. I need some advice... Is it worth being in a relationship with someone like him? Maybe I listen to my friends too much and I might be overthinking, but maybe they're right
3 answers 3