jet asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 2 months ago

Can I join the Army with amblyopia?

I have been thinking a lot about joining the Army but I have amblyopia. 20/20 in my left eye and 20/40 in my right the last time I checked, I'm 16 but this is something I have really been thinking about doing in the future but if my vision is disqualifying that would really suck. I've been patching lately trying to regain some vision or even so it just doesn't get worse, but I won't know if that is working until I get it checked again. Is my vision disqualifying?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

If the Army can enlist gay people who can't shoot straight they can enlist you!

• 2 months ago

My vision is 20/40 corrected in my worst eye, and while not all jobs were open to me (I was rated at V4, and most jobs require a minimum of V3), there were some, including the one I wanted. I did 25 years full time, and 42 (so far) if you include my Reserve time.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

It appears that you would be disquieted, but go to recruiter when you are 17 to find out for sure.

• 2 months ago

I do not think in their medical check you come out perfectly

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

I know for the Air Force at least, im pretty sure they specify 20/20 in one eye and no worse than 20/40 in the other. You might be fine

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Do what your dreams tell you to do Seth my boy. If you don't like the outcomes, believe in the astrology,

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.