Need help dealing with 2 people I care for.?

I've known my sister since we we're kids. She is my rock and I am hers. We have been through hell growing up. I am now 36yrs old and have been in a relationship for 10 years now. My sister can be a strong headed, 2rd gen feminist and very opinionated when it comes to men. My boyfriend can be unfiltered... show more I've known my sister since we we're kids. She is my rock and I am hers. We have been through hell growing up. I am now 36yrs old and have been in a relationship for 10 years now. My sister can be a strong headed, 2rd gen feminist and very opinionated when it comes to men. My boyfriend can be unfiltered potty mouth, sometimes not willing to compromise traditionalist, with a dash of centralism. I love them both, despite their differences. But, their differences of opinion and snide remarks put them at standing odds at times. My sister moved in 2 months ago because she had nowhere else live. She's had it rough the past couple of years and doesn't know anyone but me. Since she's been here, my boyfriend feels like he has to walk on eggshells because of the whole pc culture that's happening and that they've been in quite a few arguments since she showed up. She's also walking on eggshells because she's afraid that one wrong move and she's kicked out. He'll say sarcastic jokes and she'll over think them and get offended by what he said. I can get his dark sense of humor, but even a little joke can set her off. I'm left with trying to defend her by getting angry at him and then later I'll try to play peace maker with the both of them. My boyfriend told me that she's ruining our relationship because we're barely intimate. It's getting tiring and mentally draining to keep both sides happy, without them being angry at me or each other. I just wish I knew what to say or do.
6 answers 6