My dog dry heaves and has the bordetella shot?

I just adopted a puppy from the human society (his name is Tripp). His breed is unknown, however, we think he has some german shepherd in him. He is 7 months old. He has had his bordetella shot. Even though he's had his shot, his symptom seems like kennel cough. He heaves like he's about to throw up and... show more I just adopted a puppy from the human society (his name is Tripp). His breed is unknown, however, we think he has some german shepherd in him. He is 7 months old. He has had his bordetella shot. Even though he's had his shot, his symptom seems like kennel cough. He heaves like he's about to throw up and after a few minutes he relaxes and is fine again. I don't believe he's done it today, but my other dog (Ezra, breed lab) started to do it today. I've had Ezra since he was a puppy, he's now 3 years old, and he has not had the bordetella vaccine. He's heaved about 3-5 times today. My third (and final dog), Pirate (breed australian cattle) who I have also had since he was a puppy (he is now a year and a half old) has heaved once today. Pirate has also had his bordetella vaccine.
Tripp has had this heaving symptom shortly after we got him. His heaving has been going on for two and a half weeks. At first we thought it was stress, then we found out he had worms so we gave him meds and he no longer has worms but continued to heave, and now that he's not heaving and our other dogs are heaving we became concerned it was kennel cough. But, because Pirate and Tripp have their vaccines we're not sure how that would be possible. No other symptoms are occurring. They don't have dripping noses, they aren't lethargic, they're appetite is normal, and they're not sneezing. They don't necessarily have a cough, it's just heaving. If you have any idea please let me know!