My dentist filed my tooth down until it was super thin and it ended up cracking and now it hurts a lot; can I sue?

I went in to get a filling replaced after it fell out on a vacation. The dentist replaced the filling but then decided he didn't like how two of my teeth lined up. He took a tool to one tooth, filing it down more and more. He even kept filing after he said it looked fine and they lined up nicely. Well, my tooth... show more I went in to get a filling replaced after it fell out on a vacation. The dentist replaced the filling but then decided he didn't like how two of my teeth lined up. He took a tool to one tooth, filing it down more and more. He even kept filing after he said it looked fine and they lined up nicely. Well, my tooth hurt after that day, but I thought it was just from the fresh filling bothering my mouth. But then the pain got worse, and now I can now feel a big crack in the back of it. Would this fall under malpractice? Could I sue over it?