Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 10 months ago

Do you have any tips for a 750 calorie daily deficit?

I want to lose 20-25 pounds. I tried a 1,000 calorie deficit, and that didn’t last very long. So now I’m trying 750 calorie daily deficit for about 1.5 pounds a week. Of course, it may be more or less depending on hormones, etc. I’m completing a bucket list item just after New Years and I really want to reach my goal weight by then. One pounds per week isn’t going to cut it. I’m exercising, but does anyone have any recommendations for the diet portion of it? And what can I to keep my blood sugar regulated and not be super hungry? I’m okay with having some hunger, but I don’t want to feel like I could eat the whole world.

Thank you in advance.

• M.P.

Why do you think skinny bitches are so mean?! You're going to have to starve a little!

• Cathy

Replacing one meal a day with cereal and skim or lowfat milk can cut calories. When I was dieting I moved most of my calories to before 3 pm, then would have a snack like fruit, boiled egg or cottage cheese in the late afternoon and cereal for dinner. Having low cal things around to munch on helped me too - I spritzed low cal diet dressing on veggies like carrot and celery sticks and cukes, ate dill pickles, 100 calories popcorn packets.

Recent studies have shown the 3500 calorie per pound rule isn't even close. Its true that 1 pound of body fat has about 3500 food calories of energy. However, due to digestive and metabolic inefficiencies along with the bodies ability to adapt to calorie restriction, it takes about a 7000 calorie deficit to lose a pound. So you should only expect 3/4 pound loss per week. Also realize that if you estimated your break even calories stating with BMR, that to could be way off.

Fortunately, losing weight doesn't require any precision. Cut calories enough and you lose weight.

My best advice as a non-professional is to not focus crazily on calories. Yes, it is important to have a rough idea of how many calories you are eating, but it should not be a priority. You should focus mainly on eating the right foods. It’s actually extremely filling (for us folks with big appetites) to eat healthier foods in larger portions. For example 100 calories of fresh broccoli is two large stalks, while 100 calories of fries is like ...8 fries lmao. I recommend creating a 500 calorie deficit instead of 750, solely because it’s easier to obtain, and you’re more likely to stick with it. Continue exercising, but again focus less on calories and more on what’s going in! Vegetables and Fruits should be the main thing, while including small portions of meat and starches. Best of luck!

Source(s): I was once obese