Why did the West end up being Enlightened and prosperous?

Correct me if I’m wrong. From what I have observed if you look at the whole world it seems as though Westerners (US, Canada, Europe, Australia, Russia) have a more enlightened culture than Asians and Africans. Western culture is based on Reason/logic. Values science more and individual freedom whereas Asians and... show more Correct me if I’m wrong. From what I have observed if you look at the whole world it seems as though Westerners (US, Canada, Europe, Australia, Russia) have a more enlightened culture than Asians and Africans.

Western culture is based on Reason/logic. Values science more and individual freedom whereas Asians and Africans do not. Many Asians and African cultures are religious and based on superstition.

Not only this but Westerners have dominated in Technological and Scientific innovation. They are also the richest with most of the world’s GDP coming from Western nations.

So why is this? Why did Westerners end up being ahead and others are behind?