Why would my ex call me in the middle of the night and tell me how much he loves me and misses me- just to ignore me after?

Together 4 years and ended a year ago in a terrible fight. I flew home whole on vacation and packed his belongings and dropped them off to his mothers. We emailed and texted here and there over the first few months and expressed that we loved each other, but we had become bad to each other. About a month ago, he... show more Together 4 years and ended a year ago in a terrible fight. I flew home whole on vacation and packed his belongings and dropped them off to his mothers. We emailed and texted here and there over the first few months and expressed that we loved each other, but we had become bad to each other. About a month ago, he was drinking and caked me. He said he had run into a homeless person we once helped together. He said he thought it was a sign. He expressed how much he missed me and that I was the one and why didn’t I fight for him. I told him I loved him and always will, but we had become terrible to each other. We cried and spoke about good times and talked for 3 hours. He asked to meet me one day soon and I declined, saying to much had happened. We both were jealous and I don’t know how we would move forward from a year apart. I emailed him on his moms birthday to say happy birthday and wanted him to call me so I could say happy birthday to her when he had the chance. She is ill. He never responded??
1 answer 1