navya asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 11 months ago

how do i get my dumb ***** younger sister to stop stealing my things. my mom is no help. im 16 shes 13 and bratty.?

Lock on door is what I did. If you want you can steal from her too, make it obvious, so when she sees you stole something you can say “I’ll stop when you stop”.

tell her you will get the police involved if she doesn't stop

• P.L.

If you share a room you need a large lockable box or a lockable suitcase for your possessions. If she has her own room ask your parents to fix a lock on the bedroom door. If they ask why you want the lock be honest because they need to know this. All people must learn to respect the property of another person. If she isn't stopped at this young age she will grow up finding that no-one wants to have any contact with her. She'll end up friendless and always the suspect when something goes missing.

• mom

Look at it this way. Most younger sisters do that. Mine did. Maybe it shows you're doing a good job of being big sister and she admires you. Sometimes that doesn't come across well. Maybe she just wants some of your time. I'm old and I just lost my sister who was 3 years younger than me. The loss and the hurt doesn't go away Try to be patient, love her and be her best friend.

• Ocimom

Lock on your bedroom door?

Not much longer til you move out.

You need a box with a good lock on it.

• ?

Lock your things up. If that's not possible, go to the store and buy a small mouse trap;

set it up in a drawer you think she will rummage through.

tell her to stop stealing or you will tell the police shes stealing

Hide them in her room. It's the last place she will look.