Uncomfortable ear popping?

I find at random intervals through the day my left ear starts popping randomly. For my whole life at most points in the day both of my ears have always popped when I swallow or yawn, which I've always remedied by pinching my nose closed and trying to sharply inhale through my nose. For the past week or two,... show more I find at random intervals through the day my left ear starts popping randomly.
For my whole life at most points in the day both of my ears have always popped when I swallow or yawn, which I've always remedied by pinching my nose closed and trying to sharply inhale through my nose.
For the past week or two, however (starting after one late night when I randomly got a terrible ear pain that lasted a few hours until I slept), my left ear at certain points in the day is constantly popped. I can try to inhale with a pinched nose as much as I want, but within a second my ear will pop again.

The popped ear issue has always consisted of issues such as amplifying "internal" sounds like breathing and swallowing; a huge sensitivity to talking, wherein my voice is uncomfortably loud and some vowels hurt my ear (similar to earrape, if you will); tinnitus on occasion (most prominent in the past couple of weeks); and lastly a generally uncomfortable feeling in the ear(s).

Thanks a ton in advance!
Update: Off the top of my head, I can think of two potential factors at play. They could be unrelated, I have no clue. Firstly I've always had noticeable congestion, I live with Kleenex in my house's every room. I also have mild allergies to dogs & seasonal molds, but I do live with a dog. Secondly, in an... show more Off the top of my head, I can think of two potential factors at play. They could be unrelated, I have no clue.
Firstly I've always had noticeable congestion, I live with Kleenex in my house's every room. I also have mild allergies to dogs & seasonal molds, but I do live with a dog.
Secondly, in an appointment following the ear pain, my doctor noticed a bump in my eardrum area. It apparently looked like it had a vein in the middle, as far as I recall, so it probably isn't a foreign obstruction.
0