How do I raise my ACT score?

I do well in school (3.8 GPA), but I got a 21 on the ACT. So I'm aiming for at least a 26. What are the ways I can achieve this because I'm so sad :((

To turn studying into a game, follow this advice.

Studying will become fun for you - with no stress.

From the dollar store, get file cards... the kind made for a rolodex. They must be this kind, because you will need to shuffle them.

- When you're in class, pay attention and keep your textbook open to where the teacher is speaking. Put a check beside the paragraph that s/he is referring to.

- At home, read the paragraph beside the checkmark again and create a question from it. Put it in terms YOU can clearly understand.

- On the front of one of the rolodex cards write the question.

Put the answer on the back.

- Repeat until you have 20 or 30 cards for a chapter from your text book.

- PUT THE BOOK AWAY and test yourself.

- Ask yourself the questions. Make two piles - the “i know it” pile and the “I don’t know it” pile. You must know the answer immediately for it to go into the 'I know it' pile.

Shuffle. Repeat.

Keep doing this until all the cards are in the "I know it" pile.

DO NOT TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Or word will get out and you won’t look like a genius.

• drip

Student usually do raise there score the second time they take the exam, but usually only by a couple of points.

Study how to take the exam and time management skills.

ACT/SAT exams are about the knowledge you already have and how well you can use that knowledge. There is only so much studying you can do for it.

ask your teachers to get you some help