I m a widow, i just broke up with my ex of 1 year. It seems as if his fiancial situation wasn t about to change he s 52 I m 35. (Read on)?

When we first got together his fiancial situation was not the best, it got worse within time. I ignored it because i loved him, he would always compare my situation to his. Making me feel guilty for purchasing stuff or spending money on a certain item.

I helped him in the past with bills and even paid his apartment to stop the eviction process.

I purchased items for his apartment to show him that i cared and was there.

I started noticing little things about him how he s always on fb and I m not knowing what s going on with him.

I could see that he was active on fb and it would take him a while to respond to me, my husband and i were not into fb at all.

His words were I m getting tired of all of this if you can t take it just be done.

I ended it with my ex because i started to have a gut feeling of something not being right.

Am i wrong?

• Foofa

You're not wrong. When someone too lazy to take care of business criticizes someone who IS responsible that's a huge problem. But typically you tolerated that nonsense right up until you felt his attention wasn't all yours. Both of these are valid reasons to end a relationship. It's just sad that so many women put up with red flag behavior right up until the point where their ego is bruised over something totally unrelated to the real problem.

Jesus. He's almost 20 years your senior and you were paying his bills? You gotta be ******** kidding me.

I'm glad you dumped his sorry ***. You deserve better. Imagine the face of your late husband if you told him you were basically supporting a much older guy that couldn't even pay for his own things. I shiver at the thought.

You were exceeding generous with your money and your affections for a man you'd known merely one year. As you imply.. it didn't appear to be a growing, deepening relationship.