I m a widow, i just broke up with my ex of 1 year. It seems as if his fiancial situation wasn t about to change he s 52 I m 35. (Read on)?

When we first got together his fiancial situation was not the best, it got worse within time. I ignored it because i loved him, he would always compare my situation to his. Making me feel guilty for purchasing stuff or spending money on a certain item. I helped him in the past with bills and even paid his apartment... show more When we first got together his fiancial situation was not the best, it got worse within time. I ignored it because i loved him, he would always compare my situation to his. Making me feel guilty for purchasing stuff or spending money on a certain item.
I helped him in the past with bills and even paid his apartment to stop the eviction process.
I purchased items for his apartment to show him that i cared and was there.
I started noticing little things about him how he s always on fb and I m not knowing what s going on with him.
I could see that he was active on fb and it would take him a while to respond to me, my husband and i were not into fb at all.
His words were I m getting tired of all of this if you can t take it just be done.
I ended it with my ex because i started to have a gut feeling of something not being right.
Am i wrong?