What is the MAIN reason to be married ? Sex?

based on the many questions and responses and Religion, faith, god set aside in the question after that is accepted or dismissed.  and considering all parties are healthy... I have seen so many reference to people injured.. I wonder how the world functions with so many people in extreme bad health  and after... show more based on the many questions and responses
and Religion, faith, god set aside in the question after that is accepted or dismissed. 

and considering all parties are healthy... I have seen so many reference to people injured.. I wonder how the world functions with so many people in extreme bad health 

and after having children is accepted or dismissed.  already have them or chosen not to have them. and everyone accept basic needs of children taken care of. 

Is sex the most important part of being married? If not what is more important? 

Is marriage all about financial needs of one person from the other? 

IF companionship; why is not a friend roommate adequate if Sex is dismissed as not important? 

make a 1 to 5 list of what is important and a list 1 to 5 that are not important to you at all