Fender Bender Question! What should I do?

I was on the highway this morning and noticed this car was getting closer to me so I start hitting the brakes. All of the sudden, his brake lights go on and I noticed he slammed on his brakes..so I did the same, although I didnt have enough time to completely stop before his car, and so I rear-ended him. This was... show more I was on the highway this morning and noticed this car was getting closer to me so I start hitting the brakes. All of the sudden, his brake lights go on and I noticed he slammed on his brakes..so I did the same, although I didnt have enough time to completely stop before his car, and so I rear-ended him. This was my first accident so I didnt really know how to handle the situation. The guy came out and he told me to get his number and that his bumper would be around $200 to be replaced (there was like a dent in it). My car had the bumper out of place and a few scratches of paint come off. He only asked for my number because he did not want to get insurance involved. The police was on the highway and pulled up next to us and asked "are yall ok? can you pull to the shoulder".. to which he responded that hes ok and that we re leaving now. So we took off on the highway, and left the scene

Hes asking me to send him $230 to his friend s venmo account. I wasnt sure what to do since my car had more damage and feel like it wasnt my fault that he slammed his brakes. He also gave me a call and I quote "I know it wasnt your fault" but still demanded to be compensated and is "holding me responsible".

My friends suggested to either block his number or change my number as he did not see my license plate, nor did he get any insurance/personal information. I suspect he either doesnt have insurance/license if he didnt want police or insurance to get involved.

I can't afford this atm