promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 8 months ago

Is playing hard to get the dumbest dating advice ever?

I mean for real your better off just asking someone out then doing that. If you don’t seem interested if he or she has a little interest it may be lost. If there is no interest there may never be any. Come on you have to show a little interest. Who comes up with this kind of stuff? For real

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Janet
    Lv 7
    8 months ago
    Favorite Answer

When you play hard to get, you send one or two messages:

(1) I don't LIKE you, so go away.

(2) I'm selfish and a gameplayer, so you would have to be self-destructive to want me.

And the more insecure the person is, the more they will assume you are rejecting them, so the more they will respond by avoiding you.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 8 months ago

If someone plays hard to get with me, I give up and move on.

• donnie
    Lv 4
    8 months ago

Like I told someone yesterday. This is some of the worst advice out there. If them not seeming interested is not a turn off then fear of rejection will probably make it a much less chance they will ever make a move. It’s a childish game played by immature and desperate people. Unfortunately people who are desperate will take the advice and end up where they are now. Other people should know better.

• 8 months ago

Pretty close to the dumbest advice, yeah. Thing is that a lot of adolescent high-schoolers think that's how you're supposed to act to attract people without realizing that the only people you're going to attract like that are shallow, insecure and immature.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

That type of game playing might appeal to people who have antiquated notions about gender roles/dating or to people who are immature/insecure.

I personally find that type of behavior to be a real turn off. I'm looking for a partner who I can take at face value and who takes me at face value. Failure to have sincere, honest and direct communication is a big reason relationships fail. It's a skill I'm specifically looking for. If people do/say the opposite of what they mean and think it's "cute", they get crossed off my list real quick.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.