Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 3 months ago

How bad is it to take a sleeping pill every night ?

health wise

if I dont take any other drugs

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

taking sleeping pills every night is bad, they are usually used for short period of times. If you are having problems sleeping you should see your GP and find out why, not use sleeping pills to treat a symptom of a bigger problem.

• Edna
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

If you take a low-dose sleeping pill every night and if the sleeping pill has been prescribed by a doctor and you don't take more than the dosage your doctor recommended, then it's not "bad" at all.

I suffered from insomnia for months - I could NOT go to bed and fall asleep. I finally went to my doctor and he prescribed one 5 milligram tablet of Ambien every night for 2 months. That was the ONLY thing that would help me fall asleep and sleep through the night, but didn't leave me feeling "drugged up" in the morning. After my "internal clock" had time to "reset" itself, I no longer needed to take sleeping tablets.

• 3 months ago

Chemically it's not going to do a lot of harm most of it is diphenhydramine Benadryl but it will give you a habit that you have to have a sleeping pill every night before you can go to sleep don't fall for that instead at 6 each evening taking melatonin tablet that's a hormone not a drug and within about a month you'll be going to sleep every night around 10 or 9 and waking up refreshed around 7 in the morning

• Jim
    Lv 4
    3 months ago

Not that bad. However after some time they will stop working.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Marc
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Sleep pills can become addictive. You will become dependant on them if you take them every night.

• Marc
      Lv 7
      3 months agoReport

@ykhan Addiction is classified in the DSM and ICD as a disease. Disease is negative to health per definition. Not only are you wrong, you are dumb. The NCIB and NIH classify this as a health issue. Just stop with your worthless opinion and educate yourself before you hurt yourself or someone else

• 3 months ago

If it works for you, take them, i guess? I can't tell you how to manage your life.

• 3 months ago

Not good for many reasons, one of which is not getting the right sort of sleep. Look up side effects online.

Instead you need exercise and you can take things like B vitamins, magnesium and other natural products to help you relax.

• 3 months ago

It's generally not a good idea. It can lead to addiction. Your body will become reliant on the medication to relax. Not to mention you don't sleep properly when you take them. You're not getting proper rest. Of course this is coming from someone who takes them. I don't take them every day though and I am aware of the risks.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.