Christians: What do you think of my life analogy regarding this life & eternity?

This life could be likened to a dream when sleeping.

Eternity - This life - Eternity

...is likened to...

Awake - Dream - Awake

When in a dream, it may seem like reality. But being awake before and after the dream is really reality.

When in this life, it seems like reality. But being in eternity, which encompasses everything including all perceivable time in this temporary life, is actual reality.

Since eternity encompasses everything, we (those headed back to eternity) technically never left eternity. This is an experience within eternity, much like a dream is an experience within your awake life. Those who are in this dream (this temporary life) that are still connected to awake life (eternity) have the gift of prophecy.

Since eternity encompasses everything, everything in this temporary life already happened.

Another analogy: A storybook.

Life - Storybook - Life ...can be likened to... Eternity - This life - Eternity.

(Since our minds are limited, I have to apply some linear sense to eternity)

Please let me know what you think of this concept and analogy.

I am also saying that dying from this life is like waking up from a dream. You suddenly find yourself back in actual reality.

The following verses affirm that we were in eternity before this temporary life:

Romans 8:28-30; Galatians 1:15-16; Ephesians 1:4-5

Favorite Answer

Much of what your thoughts convey

has been said and thought of before,

but everyone has their own interpretation and take on such things

which are driven by their own very unique and individual perception.

You have obviously taken the time to think well past the confines

of the bible, and that is what makes your thinking here, very refreshing.

I'm NOT a Christian but I do like your theory.

• Liz

This life is temporary in that God's original purpose for life everlasting was interrupted in Eden. Yet, there are millions now living who will not die at all because of their faithfulness to God who will preserve them alive through the upcoming tribulation.

(Revelation 7:9) After this I saw, and look! a great crowd, which no man was able to number, out of all nations and tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, dressed in white robes; and there were palm branches in their hands.

(Revelation 7:14) So right away I said to him: “My lord, you are the one who knows.” And he said to me: “These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

None of that is an accurate description of what the Bible says about eternity.

The truth is that there is heaven or hell after death.

Nobody can be good enough to avoid hell. The truth is that death leads to immediate heaven or hell, depending only on whether the person believed in Jesus for eternal life, or not.

.

The truth is that Jesus loves you and wants to bless your life freely :) Most of all, Jesus wants you with Him forever, and not in hell. The truth is that every belief except one will lead to eternal torment in the lake of fire for every person. Because nothing pays for our sins except the death and blood of Jesus, the sacrifice of Jesus that is already accomplished by Him . Jesus loves you! The truth is that Jesus is God, and Jesus died on the cross to pay for all of our sins in full, and then Jesus resurrected from the dead. Nothing else pays for our sins, not works, not deeds, not religions. So the only way to heaven and to avoid hell, is by believing in Jesus for eternal life (John 6:47), without adding any of your own works (Romans 4:5). Believe in Jesus to take you to heaven, and you will be in heaven, no matter what, guaranteed. That easy, thanks to Jesus! Tell Jesus that you thank Him that you will be with Him in heaven when you die, because you believe in Jesus! It is too late to be saved, after death

You sound like DRUGS ARE WITHIN YOU -- a stoned Airhead