Was I being a jerk towards this customer?

Earlier today at work I offered to retrieve two carts that had car seats from a couple because I wanted to make sure they were taken back to its proper area, they were annoyed with me waiting for them to get done loading their children and groceries in their vehicle. Then when I went back to retrieve more carts... show more Earlier today at work I offered to retrieve two carts that had car seats from a couple because I wanted to make sure they were taken back to its proper area, they were annoyed with me waiting for them to get done loading their children and groceries in their vehicle.

Then when I went back to retrieve more carts the female customer went up to me and told me I was very rude to them and acted like they were too lazy to take the carts back themselves, she even told me she felt bullied when I wanted to take the carts back for her along with her accusing me of rushing her, she even threatened to report me to the manager.I told her my true intentions was to take the carts back for her so she wouldn't have to do it herself and really wanted to help her out (I normally get a lot of appreciation from other customers while retrieving their carts for them), I also told her that I wanted to show courtesy to her by making things easier when it came to me returning the carts back for her, when she realized what my true intentions were she calmed down and told me she'll let it go, I really wanted to show courtesy towards them like I would with any other customer