What do you call people who always have nonsense arguments, and will tell you the sky is green just to win an argument?

I have a friend who always like to contradict what I'm saying, and it gets so rediculous that he will argue the opposite of common knowledge. For example: Everyone knows if you are feeling cold, you drink hot chocolate or coffee or tea to warm yourself up, right? Not with tbis guy, he really argued with me to... show more I have a friend who always like to contradict what I'm saying, and it gets so rediculous that he will argue the opposite of common knowledge.

For example: Everyone knows if you are feeling cold, you drink hot chocolate or coffee or tea to warm yourself up, right? Not with tbis guy, he really argued with me to say that if you are cold, you should drink ice cold water to warm yourself up because your body works harder and blah blah blah.

Another example: We were talking about restaurant workers who dont use gloves while handling your food. I said that i preferred the person who's handling my food to be wearing gloves. This guy goes on to say that its more healthy if the person is not wearing gloves because the gloves have chemicles or some dumb s*** like that. And he really argues hardcore for these points.

Another example: I was telling him he should try a PC video game. I told him how the PC gaming industry has taken over the traditional video game industry like PlayStation and Xbox. This guy then proceeds to tell me he had a PC game before video games was even invented. So now he's telling me that computers were invented before video games.

See the pattern? Thats why i said this guy will tell you "The sky is green" just to win an argument. Its weird as hell.

Is there a name for people like this besides "kook"?