Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 months ago

Gun Owners? On a scale from 1 to 10 (with 10 being the Most upset, and 1 being the Least upset), how upset would you be if you could not?

buy or own any more guns, besides the ones you already have? AND please explain why.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

When I was ignorant about guns, I thought they were just terrible. Then in 2005 hurricane Katrina blew through the Gulf and decimated Louisiana. The government in Louisiana refused federal help to assist the citizens who were in dire need of food, water and shelter after being displaced from the rising waters. With the chaos of the storm came criminals who were looting and vandalizing people's homes and businesses. People hoarded into a stadium were desperate for supplies while they were being beaten and raped by criminals.

One Asian community decided to fight back as they held up on their roof tops, keeping the criminals at bay for THREE days before the government finally asked for federal help. It was mass mayhem and people who were left to their own devices were desperate and desperate people do desperate things.

It was then that I realized that our high and mighty government is not guaranteed to help us in the event of a catastrophe, so I only have myself to depend upon. I am on my own to protect my food supply, my water supply and above all, my family.

So, I went out and learned how to use a firearm. I took a NRA class and learned how to operate, clean and store a gun. I passed the class with a written test and a field shooting test. I submitted my certificate of completion of the gun course to my local police department, who fingerprinted me and began an FBI back ground check before I was issued my license to carry a weapon, for a fee.

I regularly target practice using other people's guns. I recently purchased my own gun. If I wish to purchase another gun, I should be able to do so as there is no real reason to prevent me from doing so. Remember, I followed all of the steps to legally own a gun. Although I do not partake in my right to carry a weapon, if I choose to do so, I may want to purchase another smaller weapon. There is no good reason for me not to be allowed to legally own more than one gun.

I have a Constitutional right to bear armS.

• 2 months ago

There would probably be a civil war because we would no longer have a Constitution. So I don't know, would you be upset if you were killed in a civil war or would it just be one of those things?

• J. c
      Lv 4
      2 months agoReport

Time for Americans to stand up and fight to get their 2nd Amendments rights BACK! Too much gun control as it is. "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED"!

• Ian
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

I'd say that the importance that US citizens keep their weapons is 10. Unless things change soon, they're going to need them! The camps are all in place, the delivery network is in place and soon the rounding-ups will begin. Homeless people have already begun to disappear! How Americans can still believe the nonsense that they are told by their media is shocking!

• Adam D
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Because personal responsibility. No gun has ever killed anyone without input from a living creature. Put a gun on your coffee table with the barrel pointed at your couch. Sit in front of it. You'll die of old age long before that gun does anything on its own.

Because the 2nd Amendment. We are granted the right to keep and bear arms. It isn't the Bill of Wants or the Bill of Needs, we don't have to justify why we wish to exercise our rights. Our constitution was written by some of the smartest people in history, in a time period when written word was the primary form of communication. It was written exactly the way it was intended, it means exactly what it says, and is not ambiguous in any way.

Because criminals should not be allowed to dictate my rights. My life and my experiences should not become less rich because other people cannot or will not follow the law. I work hard, it affords me disposable income, and the actions of lowlifes and thugs 1,000 miles away shouldn't place restrictions on the items and experiences that I can use that disposable income on.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

How upset? Hmmm, about as upset as I would be if the gubermint said the car I had was all I could buy, or if the gubermint said I don't need more than one home, or if the gubermint decided one child per family was enough, or if the gubermint said that no one needs more than $1,000,000, or if the gubermint said I could not protect my family with a baseball bat unless it was a plastic whiffle ball bat...……….BTW, I don't own any guns currently.

• Troy
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

10 because it is my right to have firearms and if anyone of my gun were to become damaged then I have a right to a replacement. I also currently procure and possess all the firearms my children use for hunting and other sports and their needs in this regard are in a state of constant growth. The third reason I have is that the state of affairs may begin to change which could necessitate a change in the needs I have for more firearms or at least a change in the selection of firearms that I own.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.