Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationOther - Cars & Transportation · 2 months ago

Is there anyway humanly possible for a person to go to trucking school and in only 2 months make $50,000 dollars?

That's only two months after trucking school. Also I'm assuming most trucking school send you out with a trainer for 4-6 weeks.

Someone I know, who is trying to either make me jealous or impressed sent me pictures of him holding five bundles of $10,000

The only way I can figure that being possible in only 2 months is MAYbe owner operator

Or some sort of extremely hazardous loads.

How??????????!

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

If you think it's impossible you have no idea how a business works. $50k is nothing for 2 months TURNOVER for a trucker. Out of that 50K he's going to be paying a lot of costs.

• SolJourney2 months agoReport

And even if that's the case wouldn't they just lease you one of their trucks as opposed to writing out you a $50,000 check? It's just peculiar and odd and completely mind boggling to me and I believe it's a lie or prop money 💰

• Jay P
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Very easily *

* if you're referring to $50,000 Jamaican dollars...$1 USD = $136 JMD at current exchange rate.

• Fred
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Your friend is a fraud. there is no way he could learn to drive a truck and then earn $50,000 legally in that short a time. Even if he got his truck license it is unlikely he would be trusted with the sort of loads that could make that sort of money unless he is transporting drugs. Likely he made up a pile of cut up news paper and put a large note on top so it looks like a pile of $50s or 100s. There have been want to be music stars that have tried that one to make it look as so they are well paid stars as their music is so good, when in reality they are failing. Truck drivers with years of experience may make that sort of money in a year but your friend definitely wouldn't make it and he is trying to fool you. There are people in the world who believe if they act rich by making people believe they have lots of money they will become rich. Some try and make you believe they have heaps of money, others lease expensive sports cars which generally get repossessed when they can't keep up the payments, some have their photo taken relaxing out back of some mansion by the swimming pool trying to make people believe they own it, others dress like a rich person or have loads of fake jewellery making out it is real. These people are losers who have the need to impress others and make people believe they are successful and smarter than the average person.

• JetDoc
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Sure there is... All he has to do is haul loads of illegal drugs from Mexico to the USA and not get caught! Watch Clint Eastwood in "The Mule"

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Maybe he has $50,000 in his hands on the way to the bank (nobody carries money like that , unless they are into illegal activities) to make $40,000 in payments.

• Ron
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Get a job driving UPS and yes you can. They pay very very well

• 2 months ago

Can't happen. It is possible for a long-haul driver to make close to $100k per year if he owns his own rig.

• A.J.
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

false advertising. There is usually a disclaimer hiding somewhere for legal reasons. They could be holding a gross revenue before expenses or a year's earnings.

https://www.bls.gov/ooh/a-z-index.htm

https://www.bls.gov/ooh/transportation-and-materia...

Heavy and Tractor-trailer Truck Drivers

2018 Median Pay $43,680 per year / $21.00 per hour

Typical Entry-Level Education Postsecondary nondegree award

Work Experience in a Related Occupation None

On-the-job Training Short-term on-the-job training

Number of Jobs, 2018 1,958,800

Job Outlook, 2018-28 5% (As fast as average)

Employment Change, 2018-28 99,700

Even an owner-operator of a single truck or trailer does not earn hundreds of thousands of dollars a year.

It's a good job compared with low skilled minimum and near minimum wage.

https://www.bls.gov/ooh/occupation-finder.htm

131,300 in the usa Transportation, storage, and distribution managers who show great skills in doing it, Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent and Work experience in a related occupation: 5 years or more is a high paying job that you have to work into with skills to do it.

Commercial pilots can do very well.

Dental hygenists do very well for the training requirements.

Nothing gets you hundreds of thousands of dollars a year that is legal unless you hit lucky in starting a business. Some youtubers hit it big. It is important to be realistic in expectations.

If the median is abut $44K/year, there is a range on that. I hear that driving across the Alaskan tundra in the winter is financially rewarding but takes great skill and fortitude.

• audrey
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Not true. Given time, yes you can make good money. But not that quickm

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.