Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · 2 months ago

How can I anonymously tell my friend that her boyfriend is cheating?

I recently learned that a close friend of mine’s boyfriend is cheating on her with a coworker, but I know she won’t believe it if she hears it from me because she already knows that I don’t like him, and she defends him to me constantly, and I know that if it comes from me she’ll tell him that it was me. However, at his work it’s pretty much common knowledge that he’s a cheater, so my plan was to make a fake Facebook account and claim to be someone who knows about it through that source. However, her boyfriend is good with computers and I’m worried about him being able to track it back to me somehow. He can be very violent and abusive and I just want to get my friend out of this awful situation before he has her completely brainwashed. They haven’t been together for long and she already talks about marrying him. What precautions can I take so that no one ever finds out it was me?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

If you tell her, I hope you are friends enough that you can tell her face to face. Otherwise, leave it alone. You might just let her boyfriend know what you are aware of and let him handle the situation.

• 2 months ago

buy a burner phone and text her

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Don't be a coward. Sit your friend down and say something like, "I can't confirm this I just wanted to let you know there are rumors going around at work that your bf is cheating. Do what you will with this information. I just felt like I owed it to you to tell you." Then step away and let things progress as they will. Rumors aren't evidence but f it's true she'll find out sooner or later anyway. By telling her of the gossip about this you've covered your butt as a friend (because when she finds out she'll be angry you didn't tell her sooner).

• 2 months ago

donttttttttttttttttttttt

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Ocimom
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Take a picture of them and be sure she gets the picture.

• 2 months ago

snapchat yolo, lmfao.. or make a snapchat account with a completely irrelevant name esp nothing that would make her consider its you and tell her.

• 2 months ago

Well, first off, why do you let this friend know you don't like her boyfriend? You're not with him, so what do you care? And if she goes on about him and how he treats her wrong, LET HER KNOW it's not a topic of conversation you're going to engage in anymore. It's not that hard to do.

Who cares if he's violent and abusive? She's with him, she already knows how he is, but she's stayed with him anyway (probably because she has some dire issues which you can't fix).

Just leave it alone. It's not up to you to give her a report about her boyfriend's extra activities. And i'm sure she already suspects it anyway. It's none of your business, never will be. SHE is with him, again... and you're not.

• Alan H
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You could send it by mail

• Mikey
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You want to come up with an elaborate lie to expose a cheater. Gotta love the human race....................

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Let me get this straight. Her bf is lying to her and now you want to lie to her too? Grow up.

If you know for a fact he's cheating, you go straight to him and tell him that he has 48 hours to break up with her or you will tell her.

Better that she hear it from him. Next best is to hear it from a trusted friend. It is NOT good for her to hear it from some anonymous stranger whack job on FB of all places.

And don't expect her to break up with him. She knows he's violent and abusive and is still dating him. Your friend makes bad choices and you are not Master of the Universe.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.