So moms with low breastmilk supply..... does fenugreek help? I need recommendations on foods that promote the BOOBY JUICE lol?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • LizB
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Fenugreek never did a thing for me, other than make me smell like maple syrup. I had more luck with malunggay, which was recommended to me by one of the LCs I saw.

• 3 months ago

The #1 way to increase milk levels is to breastfeed on demand, with lots of skin-to-skin contact. Spend a weekend or a few days lounging in bed with baby, latching whenever possible. Drink lots of water, take in enough calories. Avoid unnecessary medications, especially anything with a decongestant or antihistamine in it, which are notorious for drying up milk supply.

If you need to pump because you're away from baby, it's better than not doing anything. But latching the baby is MUCH more effective than pumping ever can be when it comes to milk supply.

Fenugreek may help, but is unlikely to do so alone. Particularly if it's the dried version. The best herbal aid I've found is a tincture (I personally recommend the one from Kerry's Herbals).

• 3 months ago

lots of water and oatmeal. You can also pump after feeding, nurse more often, there are some herbs like Mother's milk tea and Fenugreek like you said.

• 3 months ago

Just remember that for decades, breastfeeding was out of vogue and the children grew just as well. You may have to supplement with Similac. The baby will not like it at first but will get used to it if it is hungry.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Byrd
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Probably won't do a thing

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.