Why was I stared at by my classmates at a McDonalds?

I remember in Senior Year of high school - one night, I went to a McDonalds to order a takeaway. When I got there, there was a birthday party. The birthday person was infact a girl from my year level, and her friends are family were there. They were all standing at the front counter. Half the friends I also... show more I remember in Senior Year of high school - one night, I went to a McDonalds to order a takeaway.

When I got there, there was a birthday party. The birthday person was infact a girl from my year level, and her friends are family were there. They were all standing at the front counter. Half the friends I also recognised from school, the other half were unknown to me.

The classmates didn't know I was there. Until when I got my takeaway from the counter, I turned around to leave and facing them. They all suddenly stopped talking and froze.

Even as I walked pass them, they were silent.

I actually didn't think about it at all, but looking back, I did feel a bit uncomfortable that they all stopped talking and what they were doing because they saw me.

Were they just surprised to see me?