Does my cat have worms?

Today my cat jumped up on the desk to eat and i noticed something hanging from his anus. I went over and immediately noticed that whatever it was smelled HORRIBLE. I thought it was a worm until i got a paper towel and just wiped it up no problem. The color was yellowish/kinda white. Not translucent. It wasn t... show more Today my cat jumped up on the desk to eat and i noticed something hanging from his anus.

I went over and immediately noticed that whatever it was smelled HORRIBLE. I thought it was a worm until i got a paper towel and just wiped it up no problem.

The color was yellowish/kinda white. Not translucent. It wasn t moving either.

My mother said it was a tapeworm but from pictures this looks nothing like what i wiped up. Should i go to the vet? What was it?

My cat didnt seem concerned or in pain, more annoyed that i was rooting around under his tail for evidence of little rice segments which i didnt find.

I am so confused. Help!