Are Hollywood going to tone down the witch's real appearance in the new Witches movie based on Roald Dahl's book to make it less scary?

Hollywood have a bad habit of dumbing down movies to appeal to younger audiences. In the old witches movie, the grand high witch was terrifying. Do you think they are going to match the terror in the remake with Anne Hathaway or dumb it down and make it less scary? I hope they keep it terrifying. I would be so... show more Hollywood have a bad habit of dumbing down movies to appeal to younger audiences.
In the old witches movie, the grand high witch was terrifying. Do you think they are going to match the terror in the remake with Anne Hathaway or dumb it down and make it less scary? I hope they keep it terrifying. I would be so disappointed if they didn't have Anne Hathaway peeling off her face!
Update: The legend Jim Henson designed the witch in the old movie. How are Hollywood going to top that? The Witches was Henson's last film before he died.