Does charging phone slowly affect battery life?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 months ago

if your phone charges fasts then there is a battery problem or having low battery backup, but if it charges slowly then is is fine and your cell has good battery backup

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 10 months ago

I'll start off by saying that I hate the current crop of phones. Any "smartphone" today is the result of being cheap to produce, and not because someone wanted to actually make a device. Never before has the focus to produce profits been so prominent, and the "duty to shareholders" so evident. The companies couldn't care less about what the customer lives through, with a device - they just want more sold. Quote from Battery University: "Batteries in consumer products are optimized for long runtime, small size and low cost; longevity is less important."

• 10 months ago

yes fast charging kills the battery faster

• 10 months ago

No effect at all.

Lithium batteries have the longest life if they average around 50% charge.

Holding them at full charge shortens the life.

[Which is nothing to do with "overcharging" - that makes them overheat or burst / catch fire, but it cannot happen in any properly designed device].

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 months ago

Yes. They, over time, lose power and charge duration.

• 10 months ago

For the most part you are discouraged to recharge before full battery drainage, simply because over time, it can very slowly eat away at your battery life. This tends to happen over several years, and most people update their phone before it causes anything serious anyway. So I would say that you should be okay, and that it shouldn't affect it too negatively.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.