What was your favorite family celebration when you were growing up?

• Misty
    3 days ago

none. my father was violent in the home.

• peraceden23 hours agoReport

Why are people giving you a thumbs up for having a violent dad?

1 week ago

To be honest, we usually did the same thing every year in almost every holiday.

The only thing I can think of that was different or unusual was having our presents hidden when we were younger and had to search through the entire house for them.

y'know, I really liked the blood worship ritual we did every year on christmas. Really was interesting and pretty fun ngl. Some of my most memorable moments growing up were from this ritual, like when satan himself appeared before my very eyes.

Local Shelter to help with the preparation, serving and finally enjoying a plate of food with the folks who came and were in need. That has been my tradition for over 40 years in some form or fashion.

My family can afford and my family have each other but the less fortunate need someone to care about them by the food but mostly pent up talking they wish to do.

• Cap'n. America
      2 weeks agoReport

I do volunteer work on Christmas too, since 2003. My family is in CA on Christmas so we get together like Jan 5 or 12thor so. I can take advantage of the after-Xmas specials, too !

• Ann

One was the day after Christmas lunch. My aunt was a nun who wasn't allowed out on Christmas so she came with my grandparents the day after. It was a huge spread and so much fun!

• KJC

The food was great at Thanksgiving but I always enjoyed Easter. I like the Springtime animals and flowers - and the candy!

• KTJoe

Hands down Christmas eve, Christmas day.

My-Favorite Family-memory, growing-up happened each August, for two weeks when Dad had a vacation-break, we would drive to Red River, N.M.

It was our family-custom to drive to (I still vividly remember) Young's Ranch in Red River to simply escape the Summer heat to go fishin' as a family.  <-The Young-family accommodated our family-outings, year-after-year.

I still have the memories of THE BIG SALMON that I caught (1970-some) that was The record for that year from the Riverbank.  <-Without any lasting-photos, how can I still claim that Value for having caught BIG SAM?....I have since become a Storyteller.  How can I vividly-reflect on my^record catch while others know I am a trained Liar?

• Cammie

Passover was my favorite .Different foods, a family dinner and prayers.My favorite cake for dessert- if I could still eat anything.

Sponge cake with lemon curd and frosted with cool whip [ no dairy allowed ] and rolled in sweetened coconut.

That would be Christmas when all my family got together my friend.