Anonymous

Question about job application and employment in general?

Im applying for a new job at a movie theater, ive been unemployed for a year and i quit my last job without giving a 2 weeks notice...i know that the employer at the place im applying will call them and ask about me...is there any good excuses i can make up to let em not take that as a bad thing so i can get hired?

• Judy

probably not, except to say you've matured a lot since them, and wouldn't do tthat now.. actions have consequences. But thy might not call.

• Kid Mohawk

Basically yeah. Like Judy says, you're young and you want to show how you're growing.

"Two Weeks Notice" is no longer an expected matter of etiquette, in fact, of late an employer will terminate the employee (unless the person or job is unique) immediately. An employer does not want a dead-head hanging around doing nothing, stealing, or sabotaging the business.

With a litigious society, an Employer will usually only be asked:

1. Was the person employed there?

2. From when to when?

3. Would you rehire the person? [This is the most important, Yes/No]

4. (Sometimes) What was the wage?

The reason: Because asking or answering anything else *might* lead to a Lawsuit for defamation or slander.

I'd wager they won't even call your former employers. These types of jobs aren't exactly seeking the cream of the crop when they hire. Hell, they'd probably take your ability to read the application as proof enough of your qualification for the job.

I'm not trying to sound like a d-bag about it. I'm just saying you're overthinking it.