Advice for getting over your ex girlfriend with no closure?

So to keep things short, I was never the type to fall in love easily. I was weary about who I kept around and kept close. I’m a young guy (20) and I thought I had found the “one.” I have dated other girls before her but this relationship had felt different than most. It was nearly perfect if I had to give my... show more So to keep things short, I was never the type to fall in love easily. I was weary about who I kept around and kept close. I’m a young guy (20) and I thought I had found the “one.” I have dated other girls before her but this relationship had felt different than most. It was nearly perfect if I had to give my opinion. We spent quite a bit of time together, which is quite rare these days for whatever reason. We made time for each other, made jokes and inside jokes, of course the kissing and cuddling came with appropriate time. For whatever reason, she had canceled date night one night with no real reason. This is where things go downhill. Out of the blue, she cuts me off. (After being together roughly 2-3 months) Which is weird for her type, she wasn’t a “hoe” or a shady person. Genuinely a nice and caring girl. So of course I’m over here confused as to what could’ve happened. I’ve tried talking to her but she apparently hates me for whatever reason. I found a new love 3-4 months later and I thought she would take my mind off of my ex and I would be better than ever. And I was! For a little while.. as of recently, I’ve been thinking a lot about what could’ve went wrong with my ex. Things were perfect it seemed like, and I didn’t get proper closure. It’s been roughly a year and a half since all of that has happened and I’m happy with my girlfriend of a year almost. I’d just like some advice on how to get over this situation without confronting my ex about closure.
3 answers 3