Can I be forced to pay a booking I did accidentally online?

I am so stupid. I was messing around on a vacation rental site and ended up booking a stay at one of the much more expensive homes (+25k/week, yes I’m cringing at myself). Obviously I want to cancel and I haven’t made any payments yet, but could the company legally make me pay for the rental? On the agreement I was emailed to, I haven’t actually signed it, but does is it still legally binding?

TL;DR I accidentally booked a very expensive rental and want to know if the agreement attached is actually legally binding even though it’s online.

Update:

The reason why I’m afraid I can’t just cancel the reservation is because the agreement says “If the Premises fails to re-rent or rents for less than Your rental rate, You are responsible for the balance owed.“

Also, I’m 17 (so it’s not legally binding) but the account was in my mother’s name for some reason. Could I either go to jail or “pretending to be someone else” or would my mom have to lay? I don’t want either to happen.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • PAMELA
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Best Answer

It may be, tell the company right away that the booking was made in error and cancel it, if you are under 18 they cannot enforce a contract, and please, do not be so stupid again!

• 2 months ago

Online bookings are still legally binding if both parties have signed it.

• 2 months ago

If you booked it, you are bound by the terms. If claiming you did it accidentally got you off, booking online would be legally impossible.

• 2 months ago

If you do not pay a deposit they will cancel the booking.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

If you sign it it would be legal. why not just cancel the reservation.

• 2 months ago

Read thru the terms and conditions, there should be a small cancellation fee of maybe $50 at most, they cannot force you to pay for a vacation you don't want.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.