How would you feel if your childhood bully became a policeman?

Some people complain that high school was tough. To me, high school was heaven, I was never bullied in high school as I was in elementary school. For 6 years, I was mercilessly tortured by one boy. I was sent to the hospital twice by him. One time he gave me a concussion because he thought it was funny to throw... show more Some people complain that high school was tough. To me, high school was heaven, I was never bullied in high school as I was in elementary school.

For 6 years, I was mercilessly tortured by one boy. I was sent to the hospital twice by him. One time he gave me a concussion because he thought it was funny to throw stones at my head. The other time, I he threw me into a pond on a freezing day.
I was almost a daily thing me getting punched on hit in the head by this kid. There were times when he brought a knife to school, and hold it against my neck.

One time, we found a litter of kittens in the school. He grabbed one of the cats, and threw it to the wall splattering the wall with the kitten.

I find out now that this guy is now a police man.

This guy is a psychopath. I would assume that the police had some sort of psychological filter.

Why does the police department allow these type of people to become cops?