Why would my co-worker apologize to me?

Earlier this evening at work me and one of my buddies were goofing off in the backroom taking our time getting our work done. Then another employee who we dislike offers to assist us getting our work done, we told him we don't want his help because we don't want to work on anything else. Plus we also... show more Earlier this evening at work me and one of my buddies were goofing off in the backroom taking our time getting our work done.

Then another employee who we dislike offers to assist us getting our work done, we told him we don't want his help because we don't want to work on anything else.

Plus we also didn't want him listening to our conversations because shortly before he arrived we were actually gossiping about him along with us making fun of his learning disability, he then apologizes to us for bothering us and tells us to go have a nice day.

He is an annoying dork with a learning disability and I feel intimidated by his kindness and compassion that he has for others.
1 answer 1