How do you tell a client "The final work will be sent to you after payment confirmation", without it sounding like I don't trust him?

This client has been late on payments in the past. I would send him finished work before payment, trusting his promises to pay on time, but when he didn't and I reminded him, he would just apologize and promise payment by another date but missed those dates too. He finally paid two weeks late. I don't want... show more This client has been late on payments in the past. I would send him finished work before payment, trusting his promises to pay on time, but when he didn't and I reminded him, he would just apologize and promise payment by another date but missed those dates too. He finally paid two weeks late.

I don't want to bring up this case with the client.

Two weeks is not a big deal but I don't have time to send reminders and who knows how late the next payment would be.
Update: Communication with clients is online only. The TOS on my site state that final work will be sent to the client after payment, but who reads TOS? Client's message 2 days ago: “I’m transferring payment now, please send the work!” Me: “Ok, thanks!” (but didn’t send) Two days later: “I’m transferring money now.... show more Communication with clients is online only.

The TOS on my site state that final work will be sent to the client after payment, but who reads TOS?

Client's message 2 days ago: “I’m transferring payment now, please send the work!”

Me: “Ok, thanks!” (but didn’t send)
Two days later: “I’m transferring money now. When will you send the work?”
Me: “Now” (didn’t send)

So when he asks about the work again, how do I answer politely that as per the TOS, I’ll only be sending the work after payment?